Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Last Night in Chi Town

I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I'm still trying to cram the last of my stuff into 2 suitcases. Living the Bohemian lifestyle is getting off to a rocky start. I'm really getting nervous. I sat and watched Full House and Step by Step for a few hours this morning. I kept thinking "I won't get to see these shows for a few years," but I don't even LIKE those shows. Weird.

The Kyrgyz peeps like to write their addresses backwards. Email me for my address. And here are some tips for sending letters and packages:

  • Number letters and packages so I'll know if any turn up missing
  • Putting religious symbols all over the letter deters people from opening them
  • Wrap boxes in brown paper and tie a string if the post office will let you
  • Use tape and always include a detailed inventory list on the inside. Typed address labels help as well. Be especially careful with padded or manilla envelopes--they're easy to get into.
  • Insure packages.

But don't let this stop you from sending me some love. I love to get letters no matter where I am, so keep them coming. Now I have to get back to packing. My Ps want me to pack up everything in my old room so they can use it while I'm gone - and I've really been procrastinating.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey amy

what is the weather like? The kv movie theater burnt down (not debbie though, electrical fire)
take care
con amor
will

 

Post a Comment

<< Home