Wednesday, October 05, 2005

PCV Visits

This week we get to visit the volunteers who have been in country for a year. I'm in a little cafe across the street from Lake Issyk-Kul. The town is very quaint and attracts lots of tourists in the summer. We've been having a great time and learning to cook adaptations of American food around here. We just didn't know what the good brands are to buy. We learned grilled cheese and french toast, and tonight we're learning to make pizza - Kyrgyz style. Its starting to get cold here, and I'm afraid of the winter. We're finding out our permanent sites next month, and I'm not sure if I want to go to the -30 C region, but I will if that's what they ask me to do. There's people waiting outside for me, so I'll type up more on my computer for next time I'm able to post.

I love and miss you all. I'll send out some postcards soon, but my schedule is pretty hectic for all of training. After December, things will settle down.

P.S. I still haven't gotten any mail, but I know you all wouldn't forget about me.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home