Wednesday, January 11, 2006

So Much Drama In The RDC

My boss, Sanjar, had originally applied to the Peace Corps for a volunteer through the Media Center (the internet café). But he intended for me to work at RDC (Rural Development Center). There was a period of time when RDC wasn’t sure if they had the funding to stay open, which is why they lied. Anyhow, RDC essentially fired him around Christmastime. He expected me to go back and work at the Media Center, but there isn’t anything for me to do there except teach English. I could teach English at the school, which is what I will probably end up doing. I told Sanjar that I would come and work on projects they need me for but that I would not work solely with them because I think I’ll have more work at RDC. They need to be sustainable (or at least have some money) by August so I’ll be working with them on that. There are some other ideas I’ve thrown out there, but nothing brilliant. YET. This divide was very much like choosing sides in a playground brawl. It has left some hard feelings and cattiness as well. The cattiness comes from my own host sister who has loyalties to Sanjar despite the fact that he fired her and moved her to a crappy job at a closed down youth center he is in charge of. But that’s another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home